I guess this year finally marked the end of my album listening behaviour. Spotify’s Discover and Daily Mix features were the one-two punch that knocked it out. In addition I somehow stopped scrobbling to Last.fm in March. It’s switched back on now but the damage is done.
So the data I do have is incomplete. I did still deliberately put on a number of albums this year. But I won’t post them in order of listens like I did last year. This is subjective, unsorted and hand-picked. I will even sneak in a few albums that were published towards the end of 2015.
So first Spotify tells me what to listen to and then it gives me a list of things I actually listened to. This is getting weird…
Anyway, here they are. A * marks a particular favourite.
- A Tribe Called Quest – We Got It From Here… *
- Solange – A Seat At the Table
- Hamilton Leithauser + Rostam – I Had A Dream That You Were Mine
- The Avalanches – Wildflower *
- Blood Orange – Freetown Sound
- Whitney – Light Upon the Lake
- Car Seat Headrest – Teens Of Denial *
- Chance The Rapper – Coloring Book *
- ANOHNI – HOPELESSNESS
- Moodymann – DJ-Kicks *
- Grimes – Art Angels *
- Floating Points – Elaenia
- The Range – Potential *
- Sepalcure – Folding Time
- Jamila Woods – HEAVN
Here’s a playlist which includes a couple of more albums if you want to have a listen.