Long story short: my plan is to make plans.
Hubbub has gone into hibernation. After more than six years of leading a boutique playful design agency I am returning to freelance life. At least for the short term.
I will use the flexibility afforded by this freeing up of time to take stock of where I have come from and where I am headed. ‘Orientation is the Schwerpunkt,’ as Boyd says. I have definitely cycled back through my meta-OODA-loop and am firmly back in the second O.
To make things more interesting I have exchanged the Netherlands for Singapore. I will be here until August. It is going to be fun to explore the things this city has to offer. I am curious what the technology and design scene is like when seen up close. So I hope to do some work locally.
I will take on short commitments. Let’s say no longer than two to three months. Anything goes really, but I am particularly interested in work related to creativity and learning. I am also keen on getting back into teaching.
So if you are in Singapore, work in technology or design and want to have a cup of coffee. Drop me a line.
Now that I’m over three months into my stay in Copenhagen I thought it would be good to post a short update. Here are the facts, bullet-wise (with apologies to Mr. Tufte):
- I have been in Copenhagen, Denmark since July 1st 2007
- Until now I have mostly been working on Playyoo, doing interaction and game design
- I also presented on Playful IAs at the Euro IA Summit in Barcelona
- No later than July 1st 2008, I will return to Utrecht, the Netherlands
- Yes, I intend to continue freelancing when I get back (I officially left Info.nl on October 1st 2007)
- I am available for freelance interaction design gigs that involve social media, mobile technology and/or gaming
- You can also invite me to speak at your event or company, particularly on the topic of applying game design principles to the user experience of products and services
Oh and of course, if you happen to be in Copenhagen, don’t hesitate to drop me a line when you feel like going out for some drinks!
Less than a week from now I’ll exchange the lovely Netherlands for the equally lovely Denmark. I’m taking what you could call a working sabbatical. I’ll be freelancing from Copenhagen and have (pretty exciting) work lined up for the first three months. If you have a gig in social software, mobile or gaming and want to work with me from October onwards, get in touch.
Besides Copenhagen, you might be able to grab a hold of me in Brighton, where I’ll be attending dConstruct 2007 or Barcelona, where I’ll be speaking for the 3rd Euro IA Summit. Perhaps I’ll see you on the road?