A colleague of mine has this great old school game & watch!
Today, I finally managed to rescue all our pictures taken in Indonesia last year. They were overwritten on a CD, but the excellent DiskInternals CD/DVD Recovery app recovered them all. Soon, I’ll upload some more to Flickr. For now, here’s a snap of the beautiful Prambanan at dusk.
Pantera, a foundation dedicated to the defence of big cats in Europe, have made it their mission to find and capture the alleged puma (which they’ve named ‘Winnie the Poohma’) roaming the ‘Hoge Veluwe’ alive. As opposed to Dutch police, who just want to shoot the animal, because it poses too great a threat to the public.
Looking at the film and pictures, to my untrained eye it does appear that the ABC is feline. However, I have my doubts about its size. The images have been taken at a considerable distance, and there is hardly anything to in the surroundings to compare the cat against.
Also, some experts have spoken out, saying that the ABC can’t be a puma, because it’s the wrong color. Love how that works: first there is no puma, because there’s no hard evidence. Now there’s evidence, but the cat’s no puma, because the color’s wrong!
Another interesting fact is that Dutch authorities are studying the video made by Pantera, to make sure they’re no fake. The same authorities that have been putting expensive personnel on the Hoge Veluwe for days, to protect the public!
- Een extreem minimale huisstijl voor de Europeesche Unie, bestaande uit (bijna) blanco briefpapier, enveloppen, kaartjes etc. en een grote bos sjablonen waarmee je de dragers zelf van invulling kan voorzien. Het paspoort geeft uitleg over alle sjablonen. Mooi!
- Een samen met een studiegenoot vervaardigd magazine rond het thema “Rotterdam Waterstad”, welke vervolgens verscheurd is en in oranje plastic bakstenen in de Maas is gegooid. Van de actie hebben ze en video gemaakt, en is verslag gedaan in het Rotterdams stadsnieuwsblad.
This is so cool. For a few days now, police in The Netherlands are hunting down an alleged puma on the Hooge Veluwe, a large natural reserve.
To me, being a Fortean, this is a treat. Alien Big Cats is a phenomenon well recorded in Fortean literature where multiple people start seeing a large felid in or around a specific location. Sometimes the animal is never found; sometimes it turns out to be a dog, cat or other domestic animal. And sometimes it turns out to really be a wild cat.
Whatever it turns out to be, I’m enjoying seeing this strange phenomena play out in the Dutch media, who have no clue, and seeing where the mass hysteria will take us.
(Also check out this British ABC roundup at the excellent Fortean Times.)
- More play (see Flickr.com)
- Make your software social (how?)
- Keep things open (no gatekeepers)
- Get blogging to work for you
- Contribute to a new online etiquette
- Get real
- Take the natural reactions of the human brain into account when creating interfaces
- Beauty isn’t just on the outside, but also on the inside