I am a bit nervous about doing this, but since several people asked, here goes: You can now download the travel-time map of the Netherlands I made in Processing. I have exported applications for Linux, Mac OS X and Windows. Each download includes the source files, but not the data file. For that, you will need to head to Alper’s site (he’s the guy who pulled the data from 9292 and ANWB). I hope you’ll enjoy playing around with this, or learn something from the way it was put together.
Some notes, in no particular order:
- Please remember I am not a programmer. The vast majority of this sketch was put together from bits and pieces of code I found in books and online. I have tried to credit all the sources in the code. The full write-up I posted earlier should point you to all the sources too. In short; all the good bits are by other people, the bad code is mine. But who cares, it’s the end-result that counts (at least for me).
- Related to the previous point is the fact that I cannot figure out under which license (if any) to release this. So the usual CC by-nc-sa license applies, as far as I’m concerned.
- If this breaks your computer, offends you, makes you cry, or eats your kittens, do not come knocking. This is provided as is, no warranties whatsoever, etc.
- Why am I nervous? Probably because for me the point of the whole exercise was the process, not the outcome.
- I can’t think of anything else. Have fun.