- More play (see Flickr.com)
- Make your software social (how?)
- Keep things open (no gatekeepers)
- Get blogging to work for you
- Contribute to a new online etiquette
- Get real
- Take the natural reactions of the human brain into account when creating interfaces
- Beauty isn’t just on the outside, but also on the inside
So, Reboot 7.0 has come and gone. I’m sitting here, just got back to my hotel from the afterparty at Vega. Supposedly the hottest club in Copenhagen. Lonely Planet was right about the amount of obscenely good looking and well dressed people present. Good times.
Before I go to sleep just a thought about how to incorporate at least parts of what I’ve seen and heard these two days into my daily practice as a designer. People like Jason Fried and Matt Webb really push me to become a better professional. We’ll see where it’ll go.
Also, had a lot of fun with two people from the friendly competition over at Rhinofly. Greetings to Nicoline and Jurgen!
Looking forward to seeing you again, Netherlands…
What is mobile life really about? — Christian Lindholm
Great moment at Reboot: Christian Lindholm of Nokia asks everyone who owns an iPod to stand up. More than half of the audience rise. Then he asks everyone to take the iPod out of their pocket. Two people do.
“If you’re not in the pocket, you’re not mobile.”
“If it’s not in the pocket, it’s not mobile.”Technorati: reboot7, reboot, nokia, mobile
Reboot, day 2, starting up
Well, the first day was a success, highlights including Jason Fried and the plazes people. We had a few drinks in the evening at Nyhavn. Now it’s just a few moments before Cory Doctorow kicks off Reboot day 2!
Tom in z’n hippe Reboot t‑shirt
Reboot 7 notes
Notes of talks by speakers at Reboot 7 at my Backpack page.
Reboot 7 1st impressions
Right. So, the first half day of Reboot has passed. Some first impressions:
- The venue is pretty cool. It’s an old glass factory on the outskirts of Copenhagen. Refitted as a sports facility.
- Excellent sandwiches for lunch (and excellent serving)
- Blog, blog, blogblogblog; Reboot is pretty heavy on the blogging scene
- Did we mention blogging? ;-)
- The hotel room reminds us of either a former Russian submarine, or a cabin at the Starship Enterprise
- Two kinds of people at this conference: those with and those without a laptop (or blog)
McCabe Calacanis at Reboot 7 and decided to start blogging again.
Todo: get my del.icio.us links in here.